Saturday, September 1, 2012

Faith & Love

Tonight a lovely lady came to my door, bearing gifts.

One gift serves as a reminder of where I have been.  The second gift serves to reinforce where I am.

I've racked my brain for the last half hour trying to come up with a way to say what's in my heart.  What I have received over the past month has been.....inspiring, overwhelming, heartfelt, strange (only in the way that we were TP'd by ninjas), delightful, but most of all faith filling.

I recently spoke in Church about how the worst thing you can do with faith is, well, nothing.  It is true.  The more it is exercised the more it is strengthened.

When this journey began, Coach and I were overwhelmed with the financial weight ahead of us.  We were promised that if we were faithful, and didn't worry about it, a way would be opened.  What was once just a pinhole to peek through, is now large enough to place my whole face in front of and gaze at the light at the end of the tunnel.  It is amazing.

I wish I was better as expressing myself.  I would love nothing more than to simply write each and every one of you a THANK YOU note, which doesn't even begin to cover the way that I feel, or even make a dent in the generosity that you've shown me and my family, but I would love to.  I would love to so that you know, that I know, how wonderful you all really are!

So for now, I suppose this will have to serve as a SHOUT OUT, to all those people who have toiled in the Summer sun during yard sales, looked into their own finances and are going without on my behalf, put cards in the mail at just the right time to remind me that I'm not alone, went through items at home hoping to draw more to the sale, who ran through puddles of mud in my honor, who are still thinking of me, loving me, and praying for me and my family.

You are amazing.  You are known.  You are loved.


1 comment:

Nancy said...

As I am up with a baby not feeling well, I have been reading your entries. You have brought both tears and laughter to me. You do have a way of expressing yourself. Through the words shared, they have come from you heart. Thank you. You inspire me to have more faith when life throws a bump in my road, to always remember the importance of service and to have courage. Love you, dear Kami.