Saturday, November 17, 2012

Booty Crack-a-crack-a-Lackin'?

If you are tired of hearing about my parts, now is the time to walk away.  Because where sunburns occur, peeling must also.  And well, the peeling party has begun!


Yes, this is occurring, but not in an area that is okay to scratch, peel, or reach for when in public.  Yikes! Luckily Benadryl came in handy last night so that I could actually sleep.  After scrubbing the area, to remove excess skin- after bathing- I made the mistake of applying the benadryl cream right to the newly scrubbed and raw area.  Yes, it burns my friends, it burns!!!

However, I'm pleased to report that other areas are no longer on fire, and that is a good, good thing.  I no longer feel like the Firestarter...twisted Firestarter (said in an English accent).  I was able to talk Coach into taking down Fall decorations today and getting out Christmas ones.

That is the upside of my life right now.  Things are getting done.  The flip side of the coin is that come 2:00 every afternoon, I hit the wall.  My eyes start to droop and my body just says, "Nope."  Then I either lay on the couch or walk to the park to watch the kids play through droopy eyelids.  The park is mostly because I'm tired of missing out on my kids' lives. 


Tired, tired, tired.  Slowly things are getting back to normal.  One week free of treatment and excited that things are calming down.  I'm happy that the crazy, strong meds are somewhat a thing of the past.  I will tell you though that I'm still taking the anti-anxiety/anti-nausea medication for two reasons: one, it slows down my digestive tract, and two, it helps calm the demons in my nogging about going places where my potty isn't. Sounds ridiculous, right?

It's really not.  Not in my head.  Because potty time has become so painful and it's really a "crap shoot" (ha ha!!) when that will hit, I hate getting caught somewhere that isn't familiar.  No one likes to scream in a crowded movie theater bathroom.  It makes others uncomfortable. Ya know?  So I'm venturing out a bit at a time, trying to tame the inner-demon and take back the life I used to have.  The medication does help, but I'm tired of having to take that one too, so we'll see what I can do to overcome that issue in the upcoming weeks.

In the meantime, Happy Gratitude Week.  Thanksgiving is a good time to say THANKS for all those things that make life truly wonderful!! Friends, like you; family, like mine; and the moments of joy to be found in each day.  Chin up my friends!! Things are looking pretty good.~Kami

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Hooray for improvement!!! I'm glad that you're starting to feel better. Hopefully the bathroom issues will be a distant memory sooner rather than later.