Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Pain-Free Moment



Woohoo!!! I thought I'd take a moment to document the fact that I woke up this morning WITHOUT feeling any pain at all. (Feel free to back-handspring here if you can....I can't due to my fear of falling backwards, but if you can....please do!).  I took one medication last night to help me relax, so I could sleep; I still dreamed I worked in an office, and made banana bread (which I'll be making this morning because the draw was just too much to walk away from), but I slept so great.



This morning when I work up I did the regular systems check that I do before I actually open my eyes and get out of bed.  Basically I flex and relax every muscle in my body to see where we're at for the day.  Guess what?! Nothing hurt.  Hoo AND ray!  These moments don't last for the full day yet, but they have yet to actually begin the day so I'm blogging and inserting all kinds of exclamation points, while I can.

Today I may even venture out and get my hair cut.  Yep, while my hair made it through chemo and the likes of radiation it hasn't made it entirely intact.  Trust me, I'm not boohooing in the least, but it's broken off in quite a lot of places leaving two inch strands all around my head that look super awesome in a wind tunnel while I have a pony tail in place. If I actually do find the cut of my dream, you can get I'm dragging G with me to get it chopped.  I think I just need a change.  What do you think?


While I was feeling super crazy....I thought this one.


Then I had a sane thought and perhaps was thinking this one....my fly-aways would still be super insane, but at least it's shorter, right?

Thank you for indulging me and sharing in the WOOHOO moment.  Each day is something to celebrate, and today I'm doing it in style (as soon as I get that banana bread done.)!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the short cut, but Kami you'd be BEAUTIFUL no matter what cut you decide to do. Glad you got to keep your hair. :-) Now for a new, made it through it...you!

Nancy M-L

Heidi said...

Wooohoooo!!!!

I desperately need a new cut too. Having weird hair issues for completely different reasons. If you find a miracle worker, let me know :-)

Wendy said...

Best news today! I love you! And I think you should do whatever feels awesome for your hair! xoxo
Wendy

Anonymous said...

YAY! SO SO so ridiculously happy! You definitely deserve it! I love the short hair! Either way, you are always sassy and super stylish so it will be great!