Saturday, October 13, 2012

Sisters...Sister....Never Were There Such Devoted Sisters...

I am super lucky to have been born into a rather large family, by today's standards.  I have three brothers and two sisters, and when we're all together it's quite the time.


This week I was double lucky to have both of my sisters come to visit & help, along with two of my super cute nieces; whom I will nickname Lovely Locks and Pixie Face.  They really are that cute!

My sisters rolled into town on a Monday and immediately set to work cooking dinners, and cleaning.  It was good to have them come and see me, as I haven't been able to be in person with them since July.  I know that the whole cancer thing was taking it's toll on my family who live in Utah, and I felt like it was a good thing for them to see me, and be able to witness that I was in fact surviving this experience.


While they were here, my baby sister 'A' took me to Ulta for the first time following a treatment; I was in heaven.  She introduced me to glitter shadow and taught me how to apply it.  I'm not kidding, it really could be rocket science if you're not careful.  She and I brought Pixie Face with us, and can I tell you that that 3 year old knows her 'whipstick.'  She toted her Hello Kitty purse around Ulta looking for the ultimate bundle of lip gloss.  I had no idea that little girls were so particular and well versed in application.  Within minutes she had found this mini-monkey pack that had lipgloss, lip glitter, chapstick & nail polish in it.  I was muy impressed with her shopping skills.  Meanwhile, A and I had found the eye glitter and she was showing me how to apply when we looked over and Pixie Face had applied some lip stain that she had found further down the row.  I wish I would have taken a picture.....She. Looked. Awesome!



Meanwhile, back at the ranch, D my middle sister (who happens to be 17 months younger than me) was entertaining G and Lovely Locks by having a grappling session complete with attacking stuffed animals.  All the while she folded my laundry and did the dishes.  A, Pixie Face and I returned to a clean home, happy kids and a good day.

The kiddos swam, my sisters toted me back and forth to Casa Grande, we ate super good and healthy meals & really enjoyed hanging out.  I was really impressed with Lovely Locks and how well she blended right in with my rowdy boys, and added a bit of sweetness to their rambunctiousness.  She played, and ran, and rode scooters, worked on homework, played Skylanders and was a wonderful part of the crew!! She loves to help and create and make everyone around her feel happy.  She's quite the girl.  They miss her and Pixie Face every day.

The interaction between Pixie Face and G was priceless.  G is used to being the baby of the family and thinking he's the law.  Pixie Face had his number from the beginning and it turned out there was a new Sheriff in town.  It was hilarious to watch her saunter into a room, zero in on her target, and have G jumping within minutes.  He never even knew what hit him!! It was so funny.

Because it was a no chemo week, I was able to go to Casa Grande, get zapped and head home.  This made it easier with kiddos and planning.  Unfortunately, even without Chemo by the end of the week I was exhausted and not feeling super great.  Due to this and the fact that my emotions are a bit raw, I wasn't nice to my baby sister and said things I wish I could take back.  Details don't matter.  Feelings do.  I'm still sorry.

I am grateful for what my sisters did.  They took time out of their uber busy lives to come and spend it with me and my family.  They filled in where Coach was busy, and helped out more than they will ever know.  It was nice to have them here and I look forward to their return trip next Spring, when I'll feel like doing more than sitting in a car and laying on my bed.

I love you seesters!!  Thanks for loving me!!!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Sisters are a blessing!! I don't know what I would do without mine.

Watson Family said...

We are both incredibly blessed to be loved unconditionally, raw chemo induced emotions or not (in my case), by our younger sisters- this I know for sure! Sending all of our love and prayers for you and your dear family!!!

Leslie and Luis Park said...

Love you and your darling sisters!!!