Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Kami Reinvented

I finally figured out what was causing the ringing in my noggin': Zofran.  I probably just spelled that wrong.  But to all the wonderful women whose sadistic doctors prescribed them this to keep them from throwing up during pregnancy....I am so sorry.  The effect it had on me was much like a bunch of electrical screwdrivers twisting into my brain; even the heavy-duty pain meds couldn't touch it.  So like any pioneer stock woman I did what had to be done: I quit taking it.



Now I'm cognizant again. Look out world!

On Sunday I had the privilege of attending Church.  I love the Primary program.  I love it with all my heart.  This year was the first time in a while that I was able to sit and just soak the whole moment in.  G had to be bribed with the enticing of a very large chocolate chip cookie to say his part, "I'm trying to be like Jesus by helping my Mom."  K & P were quite the scholarly gentleman as they delivered their scriptures and prose.  Then they melted my heart by singing the second verse to 'I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus.'  It was more than this slightly bedraggled mother's heart could take.  Left me sobbing and a bit shaky for the final song.  In short....I was uplifted & edified by the spirits of these kiddos.

Being uplifted is deadly for cancer.  It recharges me and makes me ready to carve out some serious tumors.  It's a good thing the mass is in such an awkward place, right?

Monday brought a lovely chauffeur with dazzling blue eyes and decked out in her Kami's a Knock Out finery.  I'm not kidding.  She was accessorized and looking to kill, my friends.  The ride to and fro was delightful and I'm learning more and more about these valiant women who are serving my family in so many ways.  Monday also brought a large down payment on my deductible of $3,000.00.  Woohoo!

Today's darling driver was equally as snappy in her shirt & matching sandals.  We shared serious insight and a trip to the local zap center where I was informed that the Cancer Treatment Center was requiring that I pay the full out of pocket deductible this week.  In my former life, this would frustrate me.  However, in my refiner's fire I'm learning a valuable lesson: money is only that.  So I said I would pay more on my return trip, which I can and will.  I'm hoping that this serves as a lesson to everyone out there that high deductible insurance is great.....as long as you don't have a large cervical mass lurking nearby.



This week is shaping up to be MUCH MUCH better than last week.  I've received so many wonderful packages and cards in the mail with loads of cheer & love.  My kiddos remind me every day that I matter, and I'm surrounded by a wonderful Prince Charming (yes I've been watching Once Upon a Time on Netflix), and family & friends that keep me moving in the right direction.

Friday looms like a bit of  dark cloud with the unknown Brachytherapy monster lurking, but I will attempt to take it in stride and let you know how that all pans out.  I underestimated the effects of Chemo & Radiation on my body, but am grateful for the human desire to find HOPE in all things.  You give me HOPE & I am better for the refining. ~Kami


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are one beautiful, powerful
lady Kami! Praying and sending good vibs.