Sunday, November 3, 2013

My Coach.....


This is him.  The man I met and then married nearly 14 years ago.  He knew all of my secrets, and loved me anyway.  He kept my heart safe and my life lovely.  He gave me three beautiful boys who are the light of my world.  He has been my everything and will continue to be until I see him again.

Coach was called back to his Heavenly Father on October 8th.  Some say it was a heart attack, others think it was congestive heart failure, the results of the autopsy are still pending.  You would think with all the medical whatnot we've been hurdling this past year, that I would be more patient with the process; I'm not.  I would like to now why he's not here with me right now- at least the physical reason.

In my heart I know that it was his time.  What does that even mean?  I truly believe that we will never live shorter or longer than our appointed time on this Earth.  A loving Heavenly Father watches over each of us and it is in His hands that we rest.

I miss him.  Desperately.

I'll probably write more down the pike, but I wanted you all to know why it's been so quiet lately.  I'm a bit lost without my best friend.  I'm also very hopeful that peace will come.

~Kami

17 comments:

Watson Family said...

Oh Kami, I love you, love you, love you, and carry you in my heart each and every day. I pray that angels, on earth and in heaven, carry you and your sweet boys close until the blessed day you are finally reunited with Coach once more, never to be parted again.

Unknown said...

I love you, dear Kami. Coach is loved by all who knew him--he is truly one of the best. As always, sending love and prayers your way.

Abby said...

That unknown person was me, by the way! Love you.

Anonymous said...


I don`t know why I`ve cared all along, but I do.


http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1351888/Its-bird-pray-Meet-vocal-member-St-Marys-congregation--tame-robin-church-home.html

SaraRobinson said...

Kami

There still are no words. I wish I had something to say that could help you to find the peace you are looking for without all the pain in the looking. I know that it isn't possible or even desirable, but I still do wish it for yourself and your boys.

Heidi said...

Love you, Kami

Unknown said...

I love you, MyKami. Love you so much.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Terri said...

There just are no words. Only love for you and your boys.

Anonymous said...

Checking in with some English Kisses for you Kami, before I toddle off to bed. xxx

Jennifer said...

Kami, you have been and still are in my thoughts and prayers. You're amazing and I admire your faith and perspective. We just had our primary program Sunday. A Child's Prayer is the song that touched me the most and keeps coming to my mind now. I know a loving Heavenly Father will get you and your boys through this tough time. Keep the faith and know you are loved.

Anonymous said...

Kami, how do I choose between yours or coach`s `photo to look at when I check-in to send you hugs? Remember me saying it was your lovely open eyes which made me return at the start of your blog!

Anonymous said...

Please may I ask how you are? Well, I can ask but you definately don`t have to tell me! London hugs.xxx

Unknown said...

I haven't done anything blog-related in months, but I'm glad I read this today. My heart hurts for you in so many ways, yet you strengthen me in such an incredible way. The things you've been through these past few years, and are still going through… it blows my mind that you are still as strong as ever, and getting stronger. (feel free to insert Kelly Clarkson song here). I love you Kami. I am grateful for your testimony. It is rock solid and you are a light and example for all of us. I am ready for music when you are. Even if it's 30 years from now… I'm ready. :)

Tara said...

Been thinking of you. Sending love and rainbows your way.

Anonymous said...

Ah,ha! You thought you`d got rid of me; no such luck even on Christmas Day- rotten aren`t I!
Hugs from South London. xxx

Anonymous said...

I`ll always check in to give Hugs.