Wednesday, September 26, 2012

How Monday Threw Down


To catch up from the last few days let's just say that Monday was a wash.  My sis-in-law and I were able to go to Casa Grande, with help of my mother-in-law and brother-in-law.  The kiddos were well taken care of, and it was off to the races, or so we thought.

Upon our arrival at the clinic, we were checked in and then proceeded to wait.  I had a feeling when I was talking to the front secretaries that something wasn't right.  A and I visited for a bit.  At this time a volunteer from the American Cancer Society came over and asked which one of us was sick, because neither of us looked like it.  I raised my hand, even though I didn't want to.

I walked over to where she was and sat down.  She handed me a clip board with an informational sheet to fill out, which I did.  We then started talking about the type of cancer I have, and how much you appreciate your children that much more when the option of having more isn't there.  It was a good conversation.

At this point the Operations Manager came out and sat next to me.  She informed me that the insurance hadn't approved the chemo treatment and rather than start anything this day, she would rather we came back.  She would call me when the insurance finally got everything done.  Okee-dokee.

On our way out to the car 'A' suggested we go shopping, and that is exactly what we did!! We were both able to find a little somethin' somethin' at Ross' and then headed over to Dairy Queen for a treat before heading home.

The rest of the day was spent with swimming, lunch, and playing cousins.  Not really a bad way to spend the day.  Later in the afternoon/early evening the clinic called to inform me that I was set for treatment on Tuesday and to be at the clinic by 9:30.  My stomach flip-flopped and I didn't sleep until 1:00 a.m.  Not a smart choice.  I recommend attempting to at least sleep before you have to go through the treatment involving pumping toxic chemicals into your body.

More to come later.  Today I'm feeling super poop-tacular and don't really feel like reliving the day just yet.  I take that back, the day was great, the night and day that followed......yuck.

Will get back to you once the nausea releases it's grip.  Nothin' but love! ~Kami

3 comments:

Trost famiglia said...

Keep Smiling! (when you can) :)

Heidi said...

Blah! (Nausea and sick-feeling=no fun.) Still, I'm glad the show is on the road and you are on the journey to getting back to normal. The day will come!!

Watson Family said...

Love you so much and praying that relief from the nausea comes pronto!!!