Monday, September 17, 2012

Just a 'titch' frustrated.

Went on a journey to Casa Grande today and met with the oncologist that will oversee the radiation treatment.  Dr. B2 upstaged my cancer to Stage IIB.  Fart.  He then went into detail about the treatment regime: 25 days of 5 minute external radiation treatments.  During which there will be 5 treatments of the internal radiation (which does not sound pleasant at all- details to follow later).

Tomorrow I get to go back to Casa Grande to meet with the chemotherapy doctor and then participate in a simulation which includes a CT scan in the position that they will treat my cancer.  It's all in preparation for.... wait for it..........

A return trip to Phoenix to see the doctor who I should have seen last Thursday, but Dr. B1's office staff cancelled the appointment.  Turns out he is the only doctor in the area qualified to perform the internal radiation treatment.  This means........treatment can't start until he sizes up the quality of my mass.  Another week, another frustration.  Grrr...

Later I'll post in detail about this visit, because right now I can't be trusted to not cover this post in sarcasm and disgust.  Not toward anyone in particular, really.

It just wasn't the best day I've ever had.

On the upside it's my friend's Birthday and That. Is. Reason. To. Celebrate! Woot!! Woot!!~ Kami

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Ugh!!! I feel for you. Usually any days that involve visits to doctors' offices are not the best days I've ever had and here you are having them extra frequently. Hang in there!