Sunday, August 26, 2012

Mysterious Ninjas...

Last night, after we all returned from a fun cousin's birthday party, I was putting the boys into bed when I heard a knock on the door.

I was in my PJ's a bit nervous to peek downstairs in case someone had come to visit.  So I went and threw my hair up into a crazy bun and crept downstairs to see what was going on.  The main floor was empty.  No sign of Coach.  No sign of the dog.  Everyone was gone, gone, gone.

As I was standing in the kitchen, perplexed, Coach came ripping into the room from the back door.  Hercules was also on his heels, jumping and running as he came in.  Coach was carrying toilet paper, and was running towards the front door.

"What exactly is going on?" I asked in my best grown-up voice, although I really wanted to laugh.

"Kami, someone TP'd our house and then taped this to the door!" He tossed the envelope over his shoulder, which I caught.  Then he ran to the front door and threw it open.

In my hand was this:


Okay. Was my first thought, until the opened it.  Inside the envelope was a large bundle of cash.  Though I suspect I know where the money came from, I am still amazed that anyone would just give this away.  It is very humbling.

Coach came in from the front yard and told me how he had heard the knock and opened in the door in time to see two people take off down the street, while two more people decided to hide in the front yard.  So he closed the door and waited a minute, then opened it again in time to see the two bush hiders take off running down the street.

While all this makes me laugh...a lot.  Especially because he thinks they were adults, which makes it all the more funny, I have to admit the generosity of these mysterious ninjas brought tears to my eyes, as well as Coach's.

So....what more is there that can be said? "THANK YOU!"  doesn't seem to even begin to cover this, for all that you did to provide this money, and all that you did to get it to my door anonymously.  It means more than words can say. I am inspired.  THANK YOU!

1 comment:

Amber D said...

That is so cool! Way to go Mystery Ninjas!