Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Second Opinions and the Waiting Game

With all the information I've been reading the same thing keeps coming up again and again.  Always get a second opinion. Truth be told, I've always been too lazy for that business.  The hassle of dealing with insurance, the telling people your business again, the dirty looks when you bring up in the first place, the phone calls, more questions, and then more waiting.

Photo courtesy of www.onhope.net

This time, however, I'm thinking it's pretty important.  So while I was just hanging around; chasing boys and cleaning up bathrooms, my sis-in-law convinced me of the importance of getting a second opinion.  She gave me the name and number of a great oncology clinic, which I immediately hung up with her and called.  I think I deserve a pat on the back.  Mostly because I usually say I'll take of these things for myself and never do, but also because I'm not letting moss gather under these feet.  Not anymore.

So, I called them on Tuesday (today) and now it's up to them.  As for me, just more....

Photo courtesy of www.orlandograce.org

I'm pretty lucky though.  I've got people to keep me laughing, occupied, and crazy until the next go 'round with doctors.  I don't mind the brief reprieve for a minute.  I feel normal today.  Normal is good.  Unremarkable is amazing.  I'll take it while I can. ~ Kami

POST SCRIPT:  Just a word to the wise, when staring down the barrel of a loaded gun, don't look up the survival statistic,s of said encounter, late at night (2:00 a.m.) when everyone else is sleeping, and you have no one to talk to.  It makes for a super stupid mistake which costs heartbeats, time, patience and faith.  Don't do it! Just don't.  I much prefer the slight fib I was told of 90%.  Yep, that's what I'm hanging on to.  I refuse to let go of it. ~Kami

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kami, I just heard; I am so sorry. You know we all love you and we will being praying hard. Seriously woman, if anyone can kick butt on this, it is you! Lots and lots of love from the crazy Jensens!!