Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Today.

I woke up at 5:00 this morning.  I just couldn't sleep.  The anticipation feels like Christmas Eve, Easter morning and my birthday all rolled into one.  A lot like when you were 10 years old and had already, secretly found out that your parents had gotten you EXACTLY what you wanted for Christmas, but you still had to go to bed and sleep in order to receive it.  The waiting is excruciating, but delightful all at once- it's crazy!

I'm not afraid.

I'm all jitters in anticipation of the first step.  It's a good sign!  Today will be beautiful.  I followed my sister's advice and am dressed to the nines (whatever that means), feeling all 'hot to trot' (not sure what that means either) and ready to meet with an oncologist who will have a map of what PRECISELY my staging is, and what the treatment plan and 5 year outlook will be.  Information is power.

The results of said meeting will be posted later today, but before Coach and I head out, I wanted you to know something important:

You inspire me.  It's funny that it takes something of this magnitude to make you stop and realize how many wonderful people you have in your life.  Last night, I stopped.  I looked around. I am buoyed (say it out loud, it's fun!) up by your generosity, care, concern and love.  I am blessed and because of these moments in time: I. Am. Ready. ~ Kami

1 comment:

Heidi said...

How did it go, Kami? Hopefully you are still feeling ready to tackle whatever road map you were given. I'm keeping you in my prayers! So many people are behind you to love and support you so don't worry if you aren't always feeling strong-- you can lean on us and borrow some strength!