Thursday, August 23, 2012

What Love Can Do....

The past couple of days have been sheer dumpage.  Not even really worthy of discussing, except for the silver lining.  It's hard to keep tamping down all the crazy negatives that float through my brain.  It's hard to hold onto the faith that all will be well, when everything is still so unknown, but I do keep fighting. I've found that I hold onto that faith so hard during the day that I am completely exhausted at night.  I fall into bed and disappear into oblivion. It really is pretty great on that hand, it's been a while since I was able to just lay down and sleep (I'm kind of a night owl).

So, the past few nights have been great for sleep,  on the crazy side my brain is wide awake and processing more than I feel it should. Shoot!! All the what ifs, how can I's, what happens now- they are a bit hard to ignore when they are yelling in my noggin'.  So, I turned them off.  The only way I was able to do this was through the love and support of those around me.

On Tuesday, I was exhausted after not sleeping all that well the night before, and low and behold a Fab Five showed up at my door, took G and put him in her van.  G was now being taken care of and I could rest, but wait...another fabulous lady showed up with a crock-pot meal and directions to get back into bed.  Just as I was laying my head down in my lovely bed, the phone rang and I was able to talk to family, followed by a conversation with the second doctor's office.

Once it hit Noon I realized that all of these great intentions had bolstered me up to face the day.  I got dressed (sort of) and went in search of G.   At the Fab 5 house there were kiddos galore and happy, lovely ladies.  My bucket was being filled just by being around them.

Yesterday I was able to Skype with a member of the Macomb Stroller Posse and her family.  It was so great!! Then the Superstar Dance Mom showed up and I was able to catch up with her and her kiddos too.  Bucket overflowing.

Last night as I checked my email and found these pictures:






A hilarious friend from college posted this on his blog:


I've had words of comfort, love, support, sympathy, and strength sent my way.  People that I haven't seen in years are in my corner, fighting alongside me.  I receive a hilarious card once a day from Amanda, my baby sister, in the mail no less (that takes some serious prep time).  She's also looking into my insurance conundrum for me.  My parents call every afternoon to see how I'm doing.  My mother-in-law will be coming over to stay in the next week, while I got to the initial consults so that the boys' schedules won't be too interrupted.  Kathryn (Auntie Kafrin to my boys) from Illinois, sent a package full of Cervical Cancer awareness gear; so each of the boys are sporting their own teal/white wristbands, I have a ring & Coach wears his to school.  I get supportive emails, FB messages, and posts from women who's one children are going through their own hell, and take the time to love on me.  The Fab Five keep tabs on me (and scold me when appropriate) so that I don't get too crazy with feeling like I'm superwoman (yes, my neck, arms and back hurt this morning from chopping down Palo Verde limbs yesterday).

I am loved.  I am blessed.  When I'm reminded of this, the clouds lift and suddenly life is bliss.  Cancer, shmancer.  I have stuff to do, kids to love on, friends to love back, and a whole lot of life left ahead of me.  I say let's get 'er done and move on!!!

Love you more than words can even express ~Kami


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Outstanding Kami!! Well done!! We love ya!!

Love....Tanya (and Garrett)

Anonymous said...

We love you Kami. Your blog is wonderful, not only for you but for those of us so far away. Praying...

Nancy M-L