Friday, August 17, 2012

Thank You....

Photo courtesy of: www.teazurs.blogspot.com


I think I'm finally up to date on where we're at.  Today, August 17th I was brave enough to put all that we're going through out there.  I had sent a message to a dear friend of mine who is helping her son fight his battle with Ewing Sarcoma (bone cancer).  He is a delightful 10 year old, that I hope some day to meet.  Every time she posts something about her son; pics, stories, videos, I am made stronger.  You really should get to know Tristan - https://www.facebook.com/TristanParkerChidester.

His mother answered all my questions, cheered me up, and told me to be brave.  I haven't really had much one on one contact with Tiffany since high school.  We don't hang out on a regular basis, and to be honest the most I remember about our time together in high school is riding in her red mustang listening to a Chicago tape on the radio.  Teenage memories are odd things.

What I do know to be true about Tiffany and her family is that they are strong.  They are brave.  They are compassionate.

We messaged the night before I finally took a deep breath and posted all of this on facebook.  I was not at all prepared for the outpouring of concern, love, cheer, and the tenacity that my friends have.  As I was reading their comments of who THEY think I am.....suddenly I wanted to be that person.  It's interesting having people tell you their perceptions.  I'll be honest, I was walking a little taller, and feeling really well this night.  I really want to be the 'warrior princess' that a dear friend called me.  Her daughter is fighting her fight with leukemia and said that together we are warrior princesses; but to have people to are waging war on their own demons right now, pause to cheer in my corner, wow!

To the Tristans of the world, and the Ashleys.....you are my heroes.  Your mothers are the warriors, and I am proud to know all of you!

It is overwhelming.  I am blessed in so many ways already, but to walk through this life and have people from all the places I've ever been tell me that they are in my corner; how do you respond to that magnitude of love?  (Besides using terrible grammar and sentence structure-sorry).

I'm going to leave it at: THANK YOU.  I haven't even begun down the road to treatment & recovery, and yet here you are- helping me to get better every day.  THANK YOU from myself, my children, and my husband. ~ Kami

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard from Shelly and was so heartbroken for you! Your blog is fabulous! I hear your voice when I read it. Please know all our faith and love and prayers are sent your way. I just adore you and am so impressed with your courage!! We love you guys!!

Love ya......Tanya (and Garrett)

P.S. I love that Shelly called herself a Swim Sister!! What a great club to belong to! ;)

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Kami, for sharing this journey with us! You are an incredible woman!! I am so glad that we were neighbors for a while!! You are an inspiration to me!
Love you!!
Alice